How to delete contacts on Telegram Step by step guide: The reasons why you might want to delete a contact on Telegram can be many, but unlike other messaging applications like WhatsApp, the procedure is a bit more complex.
First of all, because even if you delete the contact from your phone, it will remain on Telegram. Second, because the process varies quite a bit depending on the platform from which you are going to carry out this action.
Next, we will show you how to delete contacts on Telegram on Android, iOS and the desktop version of the app. oh! and as a bonus we are also going to tell you how to delete the chat of a deleted contact and recover contacts that you have deleted.
What happens if I delete a contact from Telegram?
Surely this question has crossed your mind before you came across this guide, so we are going to answer it before you start cleaning.
When a contact is deleted in this messaging app, you will no longer see their name in the chat (if you have not deleted this) and it will not appear in your contact list either.
Keep in mind, however, that said contact may speak to you at any time. If you want to avoid this, you have to make a more decisive decision like blocking it.
Also remember that Telegram does not have in any of its versions an option to delete a group of contacts simultaneously, so if there are several you will have to do it one by one. Even so, don’t worry, because in all cases the procedure is very short, you just have to know which keys to play.
Delete Telegram contacts on Android
We start with the version of the most used mobile operating system. The steps you have to follow to carry out this are the following:
- Open Telegram on your mobile phone.
- Find the contact or the chat you have open with him.
- Click on their username.
- Now click on the three dots icon located in the upper right corner.
- Select “Delete contact” from the list of actions.
- Confirm the action by clicking on the word “Delete”
Delete contacts in Telegram on iOS
If your phone is an iPhone, the steps to delete contacts on Telegram are somewhat different from those we have seen on Android, but just as simple. Let’s see them:
- Open the Telegram app on your iPhone.
- Find the contact you want to remove or a chat with them.
- Click on the name of the contact at the top.
- Click on the “Edit” button that you will see in the upper right margin.
- Click on “Delete contact”.
- Finally, click on “Delete contact” again to confirm.
Delete Telegram contacts on PC
Now we are going to see what is the procedure to delete contacts from Telegram on a PC or Mac, that is, in its desktop version.
- Open Telegram in your preferred browser.
- Look in the contacts section for the one chosen for these tasks or select a common chat.
- Click on the user’s name. Now you will see that a new menu opens.
- Select the pencil icon that you will see at the top right.
- At the end of everything you will see the option “Delete contact”. He clicks on it and confirms again for it to be done definitively.
How to delete the chat of the deleted user
When you delete a contact, the chat you had in common is kept by default, so if you want all traces of interaction you had to disappear, you will have to delete it manually.
First of all, you should know that when you delete a chat all its content (messages, photos, files and videos) disappears completely and forever. If you do not want to make such a drastic decision, you have the possibility of selectively deleting messages from the chat:
If you’ve already thought twice and still want to completely remove chat, the steps are as follows on all platforms:
- Access Telegram and enter the chat menu.
- Long press on the chat or chats you want to delete.
- Click the trash can icon to delete the chat.
Can I restore deleted contacts on Telegram?
If you have deleted a contact by mistake or if you simply want to recover one, there is the possibility of doing it on Android. Of course, as long as you have previously imported them from your phone’s agenda.
To carry out this action we will have to resort to the Telegram developer options for Android (and believe us, it sounds more complicated than it is). To access this mode and recover your contacts, follow these steps:
- Open the Telegram app on your Android phone.
- Click on the icon of the three horizontal stripes in the upper left.
- Enter the settings menu from the gear icon.
- Scroll tothe end. You will see that the version number of the app is written here.
- Long press on the version number until the ¯\_(ツ)_/ icon appears on the screen.
- Now press again continuously until a new floating menu with developer options opens.
- Among all the options, choose “Restore imported contacts” so that they are restored.
- Once this is done, you can return to the list of contacts or chats and check that the contact(s) you deleted are again available to start a conversation.
- We have already reached the end of this guide on how to delete contacts on Telegram and we hope it has been useful to you. We invite you to leave us your opinions and comments and if you liked it, do not forget to share this publication on your social networks.
Conclusion: How to Delete Contacts on Telegram Step by Step Guide.
Okay now you know how to delete contacts on telegram step by step, hope you enjoy this list post of delete contacts on telegram for android and iOS, if you know some more please let me know via comment, I will update for sure.